DoorDash is a technology company that connects people with the best of their neighborhoods across the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, and Germany. We enable local businesses to meet consumers’ needs of ease and convenience, and, in turn, generate new ways for people to earn, work, and live. By building the last-mile logistics infrastructure for local commerce, we’re fulfilling our mission to grow and empower local economies.
DoorDash was founded nine years ago with a big mission: to grow and empower local economies. With the publication of our company’s first ESG report, we aim to demonstrate our progress and the impact we’re making in the communities we serve.
We are one team
We are leaders
- Make room at the table: We’re committed to growing and empowering a more diverse and inclusive community. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has the tools, resources and opportunity to thrive.
- Think outside the room: We strive to be as inclusive as possible and consider those who may not be in the room when making decisions.
- One team, one fight: We’re in this together, and both success and failure are shared. We are intentional about creating a high-accountability, no-blame culture.
We are learners
- Be an owner: No problem is too big, too small or outside of our scope. We all jump in and help.
- Dream big, start small: We take small ideas and help them grow using data and rigorous testing. We show evidence of progress and then double down.
- Choose optimism & have a plan: Positive thinking brings people along and helps us achieve ambitious, often unreasonable goals. We choose optimism, especially when things are tough.
We are doers
- Truth seek: We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. We use data and common sense to solve problems.
- 1% better every day: Our goal isn’t perfection; it’s constant and never-ending improvement. We look for opportunity, share feedback and celebrate a growth-mindset.
- Consumer-obsessed, not competitor focused: We focus on our Consumers and our performance. We stay connected to the people we serve and learn from them every day.
- Bias for action: In a fast-paced world, the only way to predict the future is to invent it. We launch solutions quickly, test them and make changes as needed because growth compounds.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail: We aspire to know the lowest level of detail so we can make progress on the things that are critical to our business and our Consumers.
- And, not either/or: We’re not satisfied picking between options or sacrificing one thing for another. We don’t get sucked into false dichotomies and instead, we engineer a way to do both.
Connecting people with possibilities
When you join our team, you join our dream: to grow and empower local economies. We’re focused on improvement—from moving faster to leveling up the quality of our product—and our work is never complete. If you’re looking to define your career as part of something greater than yourself, come scale with us.
Belonging at DoorDash
We believe the best team is one where everyone comes as they are. The best solutions are created by a cohesive group of individuals who bring their own skills, perspectives, and experiences to every challenge.
DoorDash’s mission to grow and empower local economies begins with growing and empowering our team members, especially those from underrepresented groups. Here’s how we’re making this a space where everyone can find belonging. To create a workforce reflective of our diverse world, we’re paying attention to recruitment for underrepresented groups. Our demographic data shows progress year-over-year, particularly for women and nonbinary people. But we have more work to do.
“Diversity, equity, and inclusion has become a business focus for us. While inclusion happened organically before, now we’re looking closely at what we can improve, what we’re doing well, and how we can make DoorDash the best place for everyone.”
- Jovonnie Gonzales
SENIOR MANAGER, CONVENIENCE PARTNERSHIPS
CO-FOUNDER, UNIDOS@DOORDASH ERG